Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I'm here!



I have safely arrived in N'djamena, the Capital of Chad. After 34 hours of traveling, I'm glad to be here! The trip went smoothly up until Immigration and Customs in Chad. Its a real puzzle trying to read French directions when you don't speak it! I was carrying in my bag 9lbs of oil filters for the missionaries here, and for a while I wasn't sure I was going to make it through Customs!

They grabbed it, looked at it, asked me questions in French (to which I shrugged and said, ‘oil  filters´) asked me for my passport, and I gave it to them, they returned it, then they asked for it again. I was starting to believe I would NEVER make it out of the airport, when this Chadian National came in pulling this American woman, and they started talking in Arabic. She grabbed my bag and passport, and we were off! Turns out she works for another mission there. And as for the Chadian Customs Officials...when a nice young American woman speaking fluent Arabic asks you what the problem is, you quickly solve the problem!

Tomorrow we leave for Moundou, and I'll try to update you again, with pictures if the internet allows!

Thanks for praying for me!

--Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment