Saturday, April 6, 2013

April 4th- in Moundou, Chad



Well,  I am here in the south, in the city of Moundou! It was quite
the trek down here, approx. 8 hours of very very rough roads. but I'm
glad to be done traveling for a while!

I am staying with the Diguna Team, a team of 7 Germans and 1 French
girl, so needless to say, the dinner conversations vary in language
constantly! There are some Americans nearby, so if I want to hear
fluent English I can go talk to them.

It is really hot here! During the day, it reaches 120 in the sun, and
at night, it cools down to 85, and we sleep outside since its cooler.
I am getting used to sweating constantly, even when I'm sleeping!

As for activities, so far I've done some repairs on some of the
buildings, and helped work on building a radio tower. They have put my
wood-working experience to use in various projects.

Because of the heat, we take a nap from 1pm-3pm, during the hottest
part of the day. And i'ts not just us foreigners...literally the whole
town shuts down, and everyone takes a nap!

A few specific prayer requests...language is a pretty huge barrier.
Pray that God helps me learn French quickly, so we will be able to
work better as a team.

Also pray that I stay healthy, and continue to recover from jetlag

Finally, please pray for the Chadian churches in the area, as they work to reach
their community around them!


God bless you all, and thanks so much for praying!

--Josh

1 comment:

  1. It's good to hear from you so soon after arriving! Sarah and I are learning French this week... ;) Hope you can pick up some on both languages quickly!

    ReplyDelete