Thursday, June 6, 2013

Settling into life at the Swamp

Thank you all so much for praying. We can really feel your prayers!

Water has come on a few times... but we still are occasionally hiring
the handcarts to bring us water. Supposedly one of the generators is
broken.

The past few days have been a cultural and linguistic overload for me. I
didn't think that one day's drive to another part of Chad could feel
like such a different place...but it is!

The language here is Chadian Arabic, and I am actually picking it up
much easier than French. Culturally, the main religion is I$l@m, and

so people dress very conservatively. Most of the men wear long robes,
called Kapitans, and some men have turbans. A tailor is sewing two
 for me, so that I'll blend into the background a bit more.

A few prayer requests:

-That we would continue to settle into the house and back into a bit
of a rhythm.
-One of the Downing's girls, Selah is sick with Malaria, so pray that
she'd get better.
-That I'd continue to pick up the language and culture.

- For the presence H0ly $p. in all we do.    

Thank you so much for all your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment