Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Praise God for healing me!

Thank you all so much for praying!

God does answer prayers. I didn't have dysentery....I took the medicine,
and it didn't really help. I was still having fevers and headaches and
body aches and general weakness. We talked to the doctor again, and by 

that point, my fevers had started getting higher. He noticed an
inflammation on my tonsil. His conclusion was that I might have either
Mono or Strep, and only time would tell.

But with people here and back home praying, God worked a miracle! I
starting feeling better, my fevers got lower and lower, and as of
right now, I am basically healthy!

Friends, I was not getting better, I was getting worse. It was't
looking good. I was starting to think that it would be a miserable and
painful trip home. But through the prayers of his people, God worked a
miracle!

Since I've been better, I've been doing a few activities. Right now, I
am working on building a desk for one of the Downing kids. It's been a
real struggle every step of the way. The wood is sometimes just rough
cut with a chainsaw, and is warped and bowed and bent worse than
anything I've seen in the US! But once it's cut and planed and sanded
way down, it doesn't turn out too bad. I have a new appreciation for
places like Menards! I spent a whole day working just to get the
wood to a point where it looked like a Menard's 2x4!

Also, I've been helping the Downings plant a small corn patch. The
ground is hard and dry, but this is the beginning of the rainy season,
so it should grow! But not without much sweat and toil. We worked that
ground with hoes and picks and shovels, and this afternoon we planted.
About half way through planting it started to sprinkle, and we
continued to have a cool wind and rain until we were done! We thank
God that he held off the big rains until we got all the seeds planted!

Its hard to believe that I've only got a few days left in the swamp,
before heading to the capital. I'll be at the capital for a day or
two, and then start the series of flights back home, Lord willing!

A few things to pray for:

-Thank God for healing my body!
-A safe journey home:  ETA the evening of July 1st
-That I'd be able to finish up things here
-Thank God for an amazing trip so far!

Thanks for your prayers! I can feel them! 


--Josh


1 comment: